• Hand-Me-Down Creek Hot Springs is a great place to relax and enjoy a view of the valley and mountains
• A heart-shaped tub is used for soaking
Also known as Crescent Valley Hot Springs, Hand-Me-Down Creek Hot Springs is tucked away in the high desert of North Central Nevada, 14 miles east of Crescent Valley and 62 miles southeast of Battle Mountain. The hot spring is a great place to relax and enjoy an excellent view of the Crescent Valley with mountains in the background.
Geothermal water emerges from a hillside at 185°F and is diverted into a big plastic tub where it cools down and then flows into the second tub. The second heart-shaped tub is used for soaking. If the water too hot, wait until the temperature is below 110°F. If it is cold for bathing you can add hot water directly from the source.
The hot spring is available year-round. A high-clearance vehicle is recommended for the final 1.1 miles. During wet and snow seasons, a 4WD vehicle is suggested.
Overnight camping is not prohibited at the hot springs but maybe it might not be a good idea to camp here because the site is adjacent to the private land. Please pack out all trash and leave no trace.
Hand-Me-Down Creek Hot Springs | Facts
Location: 62 miles southeast of Battle Mountain • Northern Nevada • USA
Open: 365 days a year
Amenities: No service
Accommodations: Camping is not prohibited
Hiking distance: Short
Road Access: A high-clearance vehicle is recommended for the final 1.1 miles; a 4WD vehicle is suggested during wet and snow seasons
Day-use fees: None
Elevation: 5,200 ft (1,585 m)
Directions to Hand-Me-Down Creek Hot Springs
From Battle Mountain,
- Follow 27 miles east on I-80 to NV-306
- Take exit 261 toward Crescent Valley and merge onto NV-306
- Travel 19 miles south onto NV-306 to McDaniel Ave
- Turn left onto McDaniel Ave and drive for about 4 miles
- Bear right onto Spa Road and continue 1.4 miles to Danna Road
- Turn left onto Danna Road, go 1.3 miles to a small dirt road
- Turn right (before the ranch) onto a small dirt road and continue 1.1 miles to the destination.