• Kosk Hot Springs is situated on the bank of the Kosk Creek
• One of series hot springs near Big Bend
This is an idyllic hot springs location on the bank of the Kosk Creek, just two miles away from the town of Big Bend. Located 0.25 miles downstream from Hunt Hot Springs, this spot offers great opportunities to relax and enjoy stress-relieving bathing in the naturally hot water. This area features many spots with hot spring water seeping everywhere along the Kosk Creek and Pit River.
The geothermal water comes out of the stone cliff at about 110-degree Fahrenheit and feeds a man-made rocky pool which is adjusted to the creek. The water temperature in the pool is comfortable for soaking and ranges between 100 - 110 degrees depending on weather conditions. The pool can accommodate up to three people without feeling cramped.
Leave your car at the Kosk Creek Bridge and hike 0.7 miles to Hunt Hot Springs and a quarter of a mile more to Kosk Hot Springs.
The trail runs along the creek through the private land. Please do not abuse the privilege of accessing the area. No camping is allowed and be sure to pack out all trash.
Kosk Hot Springs | Facts
Location: 2 miles northwest of Big Bend • California • USA
Hiking distance: 1 mile
Road Access: Any vehicle to the Kosk Creek Bridge, do not drive to the hot springs
Restrictions: No camping, no fires, no dogs
Day-use fees: None
Managed: Private property
Elevation: 1,660 ft (506 m)
Directions to Kosk Hot Springs
From I-5 in Redding,
- Take exit 680 for CA-299 East
- Follow 35 miles onto CA-299 to Big Bend Road
- Turn left onto Big Bend Road and drive 15.7 miles to the Pit River bridge in Big Bend
- Cross the bridge and drive 0.9 miles onto Summit lake Road to the fork
- Bear left and continue 1.2 miles onto the forest road (unpaved) to the bridge across the Kosk Creek
- Turn left and park your car before the bridge.
The trail runs along the creek, keep right on the trail. Hunt Hot Springs is located 0.7 miles and Kosk Hot Springs 1 mile off the bridge.
GPS (Hot Springs): N 41°01.941' W 121°55.946' | 41.03235, -121.93243
GPS (Trailhead): N 41°02.388' W 121°55.759' | 41.03980, -121.92932