• Wall Creek Warm Springs is located along the Wall Creek
• Features a volunteer-built primitive warm pool
Situated 50 miles southeast of Eugene, on a bank of the Wall Creek, Wall Creek Warm Springs features beautiful scenery, sounds of a rushing river, tricking and bubbling springs, and the ancient Willamette National Forest.
The stunning rocky banks, a sound of the creek as well as the blue water that is encircled by the old forest creates a meditative mood. No wonder that Wall Creek Warm Springs is also known as Meditation Pool.
The pool is only 12 feet wide and 3 feet deep. The bottom side of the pool comprises of rocks, sand, and gravel. The edge is encircled by large rocks that sit directly over the main source of natural springs. A very faint sulfur odor is present.
The pool can accommodate up to six people without feeling cramped. The natural springs emerge from the pool bottom at 104-degree Fahrenheit. The water temperature in the pool can vary between 90 and 98 degrees, depending on the weather conditions. During colder months water is cold for comfortable bathing.
The warm springs can be accessed by a well-worn easy 0.3-mile trail from the parking area.
Meditation Pool can be accessed year-round, from dawn to dusk. No camping is allowed near the warm springs.
Camping & Lodging
No camping is allowed at the trailhead and near the hot springs. Salmon Creek Campground is located 5.5 miles west.
Wall Creek Warm Springs | Facts
Location: 9.5 miles east of Oakridge • Eastern Oregon • USA
Distance from the parking: 0.4 miles
Road Access: Any vehicle
Managed: US Forest Service
Elevation: 2,012 ft (613 m)
Directions to Meditation Pool
From I-5 in Eugene,
- Take exit 188 in Eugene to Highway 58 East
- Follow 35 miles onto Highway 58 southeast to Crestview Street (traffic signal) in Oakridge
- Turn left onto Crestview Street and go 0.2 miles to East 1st Street
- Turn right onto East 1st Street (City Center) that becomes Salmon Creek Road
- Drive 9.3 miles to the Forest Road 1934
- Turn left onto the gravel Forest Road 1934 and continue 0.5 miles to the trailhead - turnout on the left.
From the parking (trailhead), hike 0.3-mile along the Wall Creek to the pool.