• Baumgartner Hot Springs and Campground is located in the Sawtooth National Forest
• Features a concrete pool filled with hot mineral water from the source nearby
Baumgartner Hot Springs is a geothermal oasis in the beautiful surrounding of the Sawtooth National Forest near the South Fork Boise River. This cozy soaking spot sits 11 miles east of Featherville and 33 miles south of Atlanta. This is a fantastic spot to escape the stress of day-to-day life and enjoy rejuvenating hot mineral soak as well as a variety of outdoor activities available in the area including hiking, fishing, nature viewing, off-roading, and more.
Geothermal mineral water comes out of the earth at the temperature of 108°F and flows into a 15- by the 20-foot concrete pool where it maintains a comfortable soaking temperature of 101°F to 110°F depending on the season and weather conditions. The pool functions on a flow-through basis, so no chemical treatment is required. The pool has a concrete deck and benches, as well as toilets and change rooms right next to it. It is cleaned daily and open during daylight.
Baumgartner Hot Springs is a part of Baumgartner Campground managed by the US Forest Service. The campground features 39 campsites and it is open from May to September. No services are available including RV hookup, closest services are in Featherville 11 miles away, and Pine 9 miles away.
Baumgartner Hot Springs trail is a short and easy 0.4-mile natural trail allowing you to enjoy the Idaho nature. It takes on average 15 minutes to complete and dogs are welcome on the trail but must be on the leash.
Baumgartner Hot Springs | Facts
Location: 70 miles northeast of Mountain Home • Idaho • USA
Open: May-September dawn to dusk
Development: Cement pool
Amenities: Vault toilet, drinking water, picnic tables
Accommodations: Baumgartner Campground
Hiking distance: Short
Road Access: Any vehicle
Day-use fees: None
Elevation: 5,000 ft (1,524 m)
From Mountain Home,
- Take Highway US-20 and travel 32 miles east to Forest Road 61
- Turn left (north) onto Forest 61 and follow 29 miles to Baumgartner/ Souse Boise River Road
- Go straight on Baumgartner Road for 10 miles to Forest Road 227
- Turn right Forest Road 227 and then left on Forest Road 487, continue 0.5 miles to the hot springs parking on the right.