• Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa is a winter RV hot springs resort
• Features six fill-and-drain hot bathtubs for personal use, swimming and therapy pools
A winter RV hot springs resort, Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa is located at the base of the Chocolate Mountains in close proximity to the Salton Sea, 70 miles southeast of Palm Springs.
Naturally heated highly mineralized water comes out at a temperature of 150°F from over 500-foot deep source to an artesian well. While moving through a tower and pipes, it cools down and then is pumped into the soaking pool at about 101°F and the swimming pool at 84-87°F. Also, there are six fill-and-drain hot bathtubs for personal use.
Swimming and therapy pools are saltwater treated. Bathtubs are drained after each use, so no chemical treatment is required.
Besides soaking and swimming you can enjoy the breathtaking scenery of mountains, exotic palm trees surrounding the emerald pond, and beautiful California desert sunsets. Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa offers a wide range of activities including pool aerobics, dancing, and art classes.
If you wish to ride ATVs out on the sand dunes, old mines, and bat caves, rentals are available at Glamis North Hot Springs 0.3 miles north of Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa.
Bashford's Hot Springs is an RV facility with 143 full hookups and tent camping sites. Open from October to May. No day-use option is available.
Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa | Facts
Location: 18 miles northwest of Niland • California • USA
Development: RV Resort, soaking & swimming pools, hot tubs
Amenities & Services: Laundry room, recreation rooms, picnic area
Hiking distance: Short
Road Access: Any vehicle
Restrictions: This is an adult park. Children may visit and must be supervised
Day-use: For registered overnight guests only
Elevation: 87 ft (27 m) below sea level
Directions to Bashford's Hot Mineral Spa
From Palm Springs,
- Take I-10 and head east for 18 miles to CA-86
- Bear right and follow 12 miles on CA-86 to 66th Ave
- Turn left onto 66th Ave and then in 1 mile take a right onto CA-111 S
- Continue for about 29 miles to Hot Mineral Spa Road
- Turn left onto Hot Mineral Spa Road and continue 3.4 miles to the destination on the right.
Address: 10590 Hot Mineral Spa Road, Niland, CA 92257